I love IKEA products and I am always looking for ways to upgrade them and make them better. SNUDDA is pretty in its simplicity, but I just felt it needed something more and a cheese board, especially a chalkboard one, is so useful.
Whenever we have people over and when we’re entertaining, we always put out a cheese board. Everyone loves cheese, and you can get so creative with all the different cheeses available.
So creating a cheese board from the SNUDDA was an immediate idea that I had.
IKEA item used:
- Chalkboard spray paint
- Painter’s tape or any kind of tape
- Some newspaper
- White erasable chalkboard pen
Chalkboard cheese board instructions
Briefly, what I did was:
- Sand the SNUDDA so it’s easier for the paint to adhere.
- Tape up the parts I want to remain unpainted.
- Spray paint the exposed areas with chalkboard paint. You may need a few coats.
- Let paint dry thoroughly.
- Write the names of the cheese and serve!
The full instructions for the hack in this blog post.
How much did it cost and how long did it cost?
This hack only took a couple of hours. It cost the price of SNUDDA and chalkboard spray paint – which was about $7 – that’s it.
What’s the hardest part of this hack?
The hardest part of this hack is waiting for the paint to dry!!
I love how useful this hack is! Now when I entertain I have a great cheeseboard.
~ by Jae