I have been wanting to redo my home office setup.
None of the desks offered were to my liking. I needed more space and more storage. What’s more, I also did not like their filing cabinets.
Besides that, I needed to find furniture I could transform into filing cabinets. I have seen a few hacks using BESTÅ but they all seemed too complicated and the end results were not perfect.
It took me several trips to IKEA to come up with this solution. It’s not really a hack but I have not seen this setup on this site or anywhere else.
Here’s my solution for the perfect home office setup: STUVA children furniture!
- 1 small STUVA toy box with wheels with 1 large FRITIDS drawer front where I will install my new printer. Paper goes in the box.
- 1 STUVA frame 25 x 25 with 3 GRUNDLIG drawers + 2 small FRITIDS drawer fronts and 1 large FRITIDS front + 4 STUVA GRUNDLIG feet
- 2 STUVA wall cabinets 23 x 25 with 2 FRITIDS doors each + 4 STUVA GRUNDLIG shelves
- 1 STUVA frame 47 x 25 with 4 large drawer fronts + 4 STUVA GRUNDLIG feet
- 3 OLOV legs for countertops
- 1 black stone effect SALJAN countertop 74 x 25
- 1 black stone effect SALJAN countertop 98 x 25
Hardware store items
- 2 metal brackets to join counters
- Angle brackets to secure counters to STUVA unit
- 3 hanging file systems bought on Amazon
I thought the STUVA cabinets would not be high enough but with the 1 1/2 inch counters and the 4 inch GRUNDLIG feet, the height is perfect at 30 inches +-.
The SALJAN countertop is joined with metal brackets at the corner. And supported by OLOV legs.
Countertops are secured on sides with metal braces.
It all seems simple now that it’s in place but it did take a lot of figuring out.
~ by Chantal
You may also like these home office setups
#1 ALEX + kitchen countertop
A well-thought out home office using a kitchen countertop and ALEX units. See the complete workstation setup here.
#2 Minimalist home office hack
Home office in a small, narrow space and even smaller budget. See the minimalist home office here.
#3 Kitchen cabinets for office
A compact home workspace made from kitchen top and kitchen cabinets. Read more.