I created this hack for two reasons. It saves space by not having to store my bike trailer and I really thought it would look interesting to use the trailer as an end table. To use the bike trailer all I do is lift off the top and connect to my bike.
IKEA Items used:
- SLADDA Bike Trailer
- ÄDELSTEN Mortar and pestle
- HEJNE deep shelf
Other materials used:
Bike trailer end table instructions
1. I had an extra deep shelf pair from a HEJNE shelf unit I put together. I pried off the ends of the shelf that holds the slats together.
2. I used to 1″x1″ boards as underneath supports. I nailed the slats from the HEJNE shelf to these supports with no spacing.
3. I drove out the nails that had connected the slats to the end pieces already pried out.
4. I applied the VÅRDA clear stain.
5. I threaded twine through the leftover holes from the nails driven out. One could just trim off the ends so there aren’t any holes.
6. I put felt pads on the underside.
7. I used the ÄDELSTEN upside down with the wood disks stacked for the trailer to be level.
~ by Tim