Well, I got married a few weeks ago (in a mermaid wedding dress) and I was really worried about going to the bathroom and not being able to … handle myself. Someone helping or watching me going to the bathroom on my wedding day? Not being able to have free hands to use the toilet paper? Or even worse if my period decides to show? NO WAY! Some stuff like this bridal bathroom helper exists but are expensive just because it is wedding related.
My bridal bathroom helper hack costs about 0.80 euro and I did it the day before my wedding. It took only 3 minutes. What I like best is it’s almost free and allows me to make my life easier on my wedding day. So here is the hack.
IKEA items used:
- IKEA FRAKTA big blue bag
Other materials and tools:
How to hack a bridal bathroom helper:
1. Fold the IKEA blue bag.
2. Cut in the middle of the bag’s bottom. Careful: The hole must not be too big. It is better to cut a smaller hole and to enlarge it a bit later. It must be close to your body if you want it to work! I have large hips, DO NOT take my measurements as an example. Each body is different.
3. Step inside the bag, place your feet in the hole.
4. Put the large handles on your shoulders. If your hips do not fit through the hole, enlarge it a little bit. Again: just a bit! Your hips need to fit in the hole, but the closer the bag is to your body, the better.
5. You are ready.
6. The D Day: You can give this bag to your bridesmaids or leave it in the bathroom of your wedding venue.
When you need to go to the bathroom:
– Simply step inside the bag, your feet in the hole. You don’t need to remove your shoes! Pay attention to step in the hole, not in the bag if you don’t want to have a dirty wedding dress.
– Take the bottom of your dress and put it in the bag — all of it. Place the larger handles on your shoulders. You can also if you prefer, ask someone to just help you put the dress inside the bag and to leave you alone after.
– You are ready to go! Both hands are free to do whatever you need to do without anyone watching!
You can: Pull down and up your underwear yourself, change your period protection yourself, you can use the toilet paper yourself!
YEAY! Being a bride and having some privacy IS possible!
~ by Tina