- Americana Chalky Finish Paint (Everlasting)
- Acrylic paints in various colors
- Multi-purpose Sealer
- Gel Stain
- Creme Wax in Clear
- Round brush
My IKEA MALM Dresser was originally bought in a black color for my teenager’s room. But it was not working anymore. I was moving it to a new space and it was too overwhelming. So I decided to do something about it.
Here’s how I gave the black MALM dresser a white and wood farmhouse style:
1. Lightly sand the whole dresser.
2. Add 3 coats of Chalky Finish Paint to the whole thing as a base color.
3. Seal the sides and drawers with Clear Wax.
4. Add a brownish color to the front and top.
And now I have a new look which is more fitting for the smaller space the dresser is in.
A reminder of how it was before:
And the finished farmhouse style dresser.
The faux wood grain created on MALM dresser top.
~ by Mary Kalpos
If you’d like to see the tutorial in detail visit me here.