We launched the IKEAHackers Giveaway a week ago and so far, it’s been fun reading all your comments. Keep them coming to win gift certificates from my 5 amazing sponsors. CoverCouch, O’verlays, Panyl, Prettypegs and Semihandmade. They are “IKEA-hack companies” that supply products that fit the IKEA system. Think of them as supplier of hacking shortcuts.
Tired of your KLIPPAN looking like everyone else’s KLIPPAN? Let it stand out in gorgeous slipcovers from CoverCouch. Want to refresh your KALLAX? Then head to Semihandmade for new doors. Got a RAST chest of drawers? Let Panyl and O’verlays totally transform it for you. And if you thought CAPITA legs were your only option, despair no more, there’s Prettypegs.
Seriously, with their help, it’s easy to change the look of your IKEA.
The KARLSTAD gets a fresh new look
- 4 Prettypegs Estelle 170 White
- 1 CoverCouch sofa cover: Houston Soft Rose Blended Viscose designed by Nevotex
- 1 IKEA Karlstad sofa
- Remove the original IKEA KARLSTAD sofa cover
- Replace it with a colorful, beautifully made cover from CoverCouch.
- Remove the old furniture legs and screw on Prettypegs legs.
- Decorate with a beautiful pillow of your choice.
- And that’s it!
KLIMPEN desk upgrade
- 1 IKEA KLIMPEN table top – Black (120cm x 60cm x 3.4cm)
- 4 Prettypegs OTTO 700 table legs
- 4 2.0cm Greek Key O’verlays strips
- 1 MDF board
- 1 PANYL sheet Carrera Marble (124cm x 64cm)
- We purchased a 47 1/4″ x 23 5/8″ IKEA Klimpen table top in black finish, and attached it to a set of Prettypegs Otto 700 table legs
- We purchased a 2 ft x 4 ft MDF board at Home Depot and had it cut down on-site to match the dimensions of the Klimpen top (120cm x 60cm).
- We wrapped the MDF board in Carrera Marble PANYL.
- We glued the wrapped MDF board to the Klimpen table top with construction adhesive.
- We spray painted the O’verlays Greek Keys with high-gloss black paint, and glued them to the sides of the IKEA Klimpen table top.
You can just as easily reproduce these and more. Just take part in our giveaway to win gift certificates from any one of these 5 IKEA-hack companies.
10 prizes to be given away
Each winner takes home a gift certificate worth USD200 from one of the sponsors.
All you need to do is answer this question:
Choose one of the five IKEA-hack companies featured in the giveaway and tell us why you’d like to win a gift certificate from them:
“What product you like and what IKEA hack you would use it for?”
(Please note the winner does not win a specific product, but a gift certificate of USD200 to be used at the sponsor’s store.)
You may submit your answer for the IKEAHackers Giveaway by leaving a comment on this post or on Instagram with the hashtag #ikeahackwin.
The giveaway ends February 12th. Don’t miss out.
More details of the giveaway sponsors: