I upcycled the IKEA Expedit (now KALLAX) cube to match the industrial decor of my sons new room. I used the new ALDI chalk paint believe it or not! What do you think?
Here’s how :
1. Sand with paper or sander
2. Hammer in nail heads for faux rivets
3. Spray paint grey primer/undercoat
4. 3 coats of Aldi chalk paint with 1 hour drying time
5. Saw wood planks to correct size and hammer in place with nails
6. Stain wood with dark oak varnish
7. Rub in silver wax with dry cloth!
See more of the Expedit Industrial hack on Medina’s Facebook page.
~ Medina Grillo