Materials: BRIMNES 3 drawer chest frosted glass, white
We have more than couple of pieces of IKEA furniture at home. After some years of looking at them, I have decided that now it’s the time for upgrading their look. As it turned out, IKEA furniture hacks are quite easy to do. You don’t need a lot of time and at really low cost you can nicely customize the pieces which look exactly the same like in the apartments of at least ten of your friends.
My latest project was adding leather handles to the Brimnes 3 drawer chest in our bedroom. The total cost of it was in our case 0€ (we had all the materials at home). It took approximately 1 hour.
1. Remove old handles from your Ikea Brimnes chest.
2. Cut 3 leather pieces of stripes (I cut 3 x 22 cm), if you cut on the floor, use something to protect the wood.
3. Install the anchors in the old screw holes
4. Make 2 holes in the ends of each leather piece.
5. Attach the leather pieces on each drawer door using screws.