I have two small sons who share a bedroom. To get the maximum out of the room I wanted a kids loft bed in a corner where they could both sleep downstairs and thus have a playground on top.
How I hacked the kids loft bed with play area
The space on top serves as a playground and is also home to all the ever-expanding city of LEGO. The top of the bed also serves as an extra bed when the kids have friends on a sleepover. Another advantage of the bed is that there is plenty of space under the bed.
Related: See how I changed this kids loft bed into a children’s bunk bed with storage.
Step 1: Put up TROFAST storage combination.
Step 2: Put up the two MYDAL kids loft beds. Cut one of them so the bed is 2 meters in both directions. Screw it all together.
Step 3: Cut out some 19mm MDF boards, I cut out some circles so you can see in and the kids can see out of the bed.
Step 4: Paint it and put on laminate flooring on the loft. And voila! Your kids loft bed is done.
You may also like this other hacks for IKEA children’s beds
- How I cut up my twin bed and made it into a pull out bed
- How to make a toddler sized bunk bed with slide. Whee!
- Make loft beds out of the IKEA KRITTER kids beds
- Playhouse bed for two: IKEA MYDAL bed hack
- A clever addition turns the KURA bunk bed into a storage bunk bed