i really like michael’s idea for bicycle storage with the stolmen posts. i just wonder how easy it is to get the bikes up and down the pole. that’s a workout in itself!
he says, “there are a lot bicycle storage/rack-systems on the market, but none of them met my expectations in function/style and price. i wanted to get 2 bikes on a wall in my apartment.
so i build one on my own. here’s how it looks:
1. cut two pieces of the square pipe; choose the length depending on the design of your bike frame.
2. drill 3 holes into the pieces of square pipes.
3. screw a hook on each end of the pipe; screw the pipe to the bracket.
4. now you can mount the stolmen post and adjust the two brackets on it.
5. finally glue some of the rubber foam to the hooks to not scratch the bike frame.
that’s it! all in all this should just take you like ½ hour. the price of approximately 40euro is unbeatable.”