ooh … this is cool. nicole‘s bookcase sliding door that hides an entryway to the bathroom. love the disappearing doorway act.
“my husband and i are installing all sliding doors in our modern remodel. in the den area we have very little wall space for any display area, so we decided to make a bookcase into a sliding door for the 1/2 bath. of course we used ikea, bonde to be exact.
how we did it:
- we took a standard bonde bookcase and added 4 castors to the bottom.
- then we added matching birch toe kick from the kitchen dept to hide the castors.
- next we added some plywood on the back for added stability and stained it a dark walnut to match the stained ikea mirror in the bathroom. we inset a flush pull handle.
- the last step was to attach the track to the wall and the hangers to the bookcase.
- accessorize bonde as desired.
definitely easier said then done.”
click to see nicole’s bookcase sliding door photoset and details.