Published on January 19th, 2017 | by Contributor0
Make your own decoupaged IKEA cake stand
Want something gorgeous to show off your homebaked goods or just to add decor to your table? Then why not make your own Ikea Cake Stand.
The beauty of this cake stand is that you can choose what design you want by choosing different napkins. The IKEA ÖPPEN glass plates are so cheap you can even make a few in different designs to match your decor. I also think these cake stands would make a lovely gift.
Ikea items used
- IKEA ÖPPEN glass plate
- IKEA ERSÄTTA block candlestick
- IKEA Napkins
1. Decide what paper napkin you are going to use, IKEA normally has a wide choice. For this cake stand, I used some IKEA Fish paper Napkins.
2. I cut out the large fish graphic from the paper napkin. I then stuck these fishes to the underside of the ÖPPEN glass plate, face side up.
3. I then covered the back of the ÖPPEN glass plate with silver tissue paper.
4. To match the IKEA ERSÄTTA candlestick to the decoupage plate I spray painted it silver.
5. Finally to finish off my cake stand I stuck the IKEA ERSÄTTA candlestick to the underside of the plate.
For more detailed instructions please visit my blog post.
~ by Claire Armstrong, Pillar Box Blue