Published on April 25th, 2016 | by IH guest1
A plant hanger with HEAT trivet & SOCKER plant pot
- wool yarn
- trapilho jersey yarn
- wooden hoop (I used a 26 cm diam. embroidery hoop)
- big wooden pearls ( hole diameter must be large enough to thread trapilho)
- pack of 3 IKEA Heat cork trivet – 3$99
- IKEA Socker 10.5 cm large plant pot – 1$99
- painter tape
With a set of 3 HEAT trivets & a SOCKER plant pot, I made a plant hanger. This plant hanger is 150 cm high but can easily be reduced. It’s also possible to replace trapilho jersey by rope for a different effect.
1. Cover IKEA Heat trivets top with painter tape to draw circles with a compass.
2. Mark 3 equidistant holes on each trivet as stated by a cross on photos ( they will serve to suspend plant hanger )
on bottom trivet, mark a central hole.
3. Cut trivets circles with a hobby knife or scalpel.
4. Trivet offcuts will serve to make the mobile at plant hanger bottom.
You can find the full tutorial for this simple DIY here.