Published on March 16th, 2016 | by IH guest5
- MICKE desk $49.99
- Samsung monitor 24” hdmi with speakers $150
- Arcade stick motherboard $30 (type ”arcade stick pcb” on amazon.com)
- Buttons + joystick (brand Sanwa) $40
- Stainless steel panel $30
- Black stickers $15
- stool $50
- a xbox or playstation system
This is a very geek creation: a real but light arcade cabinet. the console and the button wires are hidden inside the desk drawer.
1. Drill the holes on the stainless steel for the buttons and the stick.
2 .Drill 2 rectangles on the work surface to be able to insert the stick and the button.
3. Put the black sticker on the stainless steel panel. Use a lighter directly on the sticker to evacuate the air bubbles if needed.
4. Connect each button and the stick to the PCB (it’s very easy – tutorial on youtube)
5. Screw the stainless steel panel to the top of the work surface.
6. Screw the two screen holders in metal on the work surface (at 6cm from the back of the desk).
7. Install your console inside the IKEA drawer (for a better airflow, you can also drill some holes on the back/side of the drawer)
Thank you !
~ SIN Tchan, Interior Designer from Paris (France)