Published on July 1st, 2014 | by Apophenia M3
Materials: FRYEBO LED table lamp
Hey guys! With an decor taste that can only be described as a cross between ‘It’s a Small World” ride at Disney and “Pee Wee’s Playhouse” it was no surprise that the color of FRYEBO caught my eye (SORRY BAD PUN). I instantly envisioned (SORRY AGAIN) a giant eyeball, and could foresee (I REGRET NOTHING BWAHAHA) that with some creativity and construction paper I could push the design in the right direction. This is a cute idea for anyone who’s a optometrist, a makeup artist, a child or someone who really enjoys eyes.
1. Buy the lamp. It’s about 26$. This part is crucial.
2. Also purchase black construction paper. Cut a black circle a little bigger than the button in the center of FRYEBO. That will be the pupil.
3. Cut out some white paper for a highlight in the pupil, or use white out. Or don’t. It’s your life.
4. Use some kind of glue – for the least permanent damage use rubber cement – and put the highlight on the pupil and then put the glue ON THE BUTTON ON FRYEBO. Then place the whole pupil on TOP of the button for FRYEBO. This will not hurt him, only enhance his vision. And since you used paper, the button still fully functions.
5. Alrighty. Now – measure how long you want the eyelashes to go around FRYEBO’s circumference – I chose about 5 1/2 inches but you could potentially go smaller or bigger depending on the look. I went with about half the circumference to achieve a half opened eyelid.
6. MORE black paper – I did a strip that was 5 1/2 inches long by 2 1/2 inches tall but you can go bigger or smaller. As you can see my lashes are SUPER LONG so follow your heart and chose what you want.
7. Measure 1 centimeter up from the bottom length of the paper, and fold it.
8. Now cut your lashes BUT DON’T GO PAST THAT CENTIMETER MARKER. You can do thick chunky ones or really thin lashes or whatever you prefer. I chose both because I, too, like to live dangerously. When you’re satisfied:
9. Fold the paper around FRYEBO’s upper edge. You might have to make some tiny cuts in the centimeter area so that the paper can fold. The lashes will stick out straight and awkward. Leave them be. Cover the centimeter edge at the bottom with glue. Carefully stick it to FRYEBO. Let it dry. The transformation is almost complete.
10. When you’re sure the lashes are in place, get a round tube-like object (I used a pen) and curl the lashes around it, so that they face away from you. Do this every 1/2 inch or so until the entire lash is definitely more of the ‘Maybelline’ and less a ‘born with it’ look.
11. Ta da. FRYEBO is complete and happy with itself. You’ve just spent 20 minutes beautifying a lamp. Everyone wins.