Published on April 4th, 2014 | by Andy4
Manstad + Manstad = Massive U-Shaped Sofabed
Here’s how to make one massive U-Shaped, very comfortable Sofabed using the already well established Ikea Manstad.
The Manstad is now discontinued, but you can buy second hand for around £250 (I got 2 for under £250 each)
[Note: You will NOT need to cut, drill, or bolt anything differently to the OEM specification - This is an EASY hack!]
1) Buy two Ikea Manstad Sofabeds in matching colour (The later ones which allow the chaise longue to be positioned either end)
2) Follow the instructions, but instead of putting the chaise longue on only one side, place one on either side.
3) Enjoy your massive, comfortable, U-Shaped Sofabed!
4) Bolt together the remaining parts (2x sofa arms + sofa frame)
5) Enjoy your 2-seater sofa, which also has a pull-out double chaise longue, and can be used as a double children’s bed.
[Note: This hack may also work with the Ikea Friheten]