Published on April 23rd, 2014 | by Sarah Christie1
Materials: Kallax shelving unit, Rekarne coffee tabl
Using the Kallax shelving unit and the Rekarne coffee table I built a 4-in-1 Ottoman. It can be used to store toys and games, the flat surface can be used to play games or can be drawn on with chalk, and it can be used as a seat.
1. Build the shelving unit according to IKEA’s directions.
2. Add a board to one side of the shelf to create a bottom.
3. Drill holes in the bottom and add caster wheels.
6. The unit can now be place down on the wheels and used to store toys and games.
5. I then masked the edges of the table top of the Rekarne coffee table and painted it using magnetic chalkboard paint.
6. On the other side of the table I used masking tape to make the outline for a chessboard.