Published on March 31st, 2014 | by ducksandtigers1
Blackboard for IKEA EXPEDIT
A blackboard blind for my EXPEDIT shelving unit.
- Wooden strips for the frame (2cm x 1cm x 33,5cm)
- Board (34,5cm x 34,5cm); I used 2 boards at 34,5cm x 17,25cm
- Saw (even better: miter saw)
- Sandpaper or file
- Build a frame matching the IKEA EXPEDIT shelf.
- Glue the board(s) on the frame. The board has to be slightly larger than your frame.
- Paint the board with the blackboardpaint. Usually you’ll need two or three coats. Use sandpaper to smooth the final coat.
- Use your new blackboard blind on your IKEA EXPEDIT shelving unit.