Published on February 14th, 2014 | by Ben Teoh0
Easy DIY Lego minifigurine display case with RIBBA
Could this be the easiest framed Lego minifigure display ever? Maybe not, but it’s simple to put together and it’s easy to change the layout or be creative with other Lego pieces. All you’ll need is a RIBBA frame and some parts that you may already have in your stash or they’re readily available at Lego parts shops.
No cutting, no gluing pieces and it can all be done in a couple of minutes.
- 1x Ribba 25cm x 25cm frame
- 1x Lego 16×16 baseplate
- up to 8 of your favourite Lego minifigurines
- enough Lego 2×2 plates for your minifigs
- and masking tape or another adhesive
- Remove the back of the frame and white passe-partout (the cardboard with the square hole)
- Center the baseplate on the back of the whitepasse-partout and secure with the tape (you’ll end up with a usable space of 14×14)
- Attach the 2×2 plates to the feet of the minifigs
- Insert the 2×2 plates between the rows of the baseplate to your liking (2×3 or 2×4 works well)
- Place it into the frame, secure the back plate
That’s all there is to it, your very own Lego wall art.
If you’d like to see more photos and how to use the same frame to fit more Lego minifigurines, read the full set of instructions: Building a LEGO minifigure display with IKEA RIBBA frames.