Published on November 13th, 2013 | by Jules Yap2
Design hanging planters
Materials: Asker container & Ikea plants
Description: On a design website I saw these amazing hanging planters, but at $100 a piece they were way too expensive. So when I visited Ikea and saw the Asker container I knew what I had to do.
- Asker containers (they two sizes, choose the one you like, although the bigger size fits larger plants)
- Any plant that fits into a small pot. Ikea has a variety of good sized plants.
- Thrift store leather belts in varying colors (mine were 50 cents a piece)
- Put the plant in the Asker container
- Feed the belt through the hole
- Put a nail in the wall
- Hang the planter in your kitchen, bedroom, bathroom or study.
Note: The big Asker containers have a hole in the bottom, so I taped it with duct tape from the inside out to prevent leaking when I water the plants.
They actually look better than the design planters I saw!
~ Liesbeth Smit, Amsterdam