Friday, February 10, 2012
Space-efficient IT-Workstation under 250,00 Euro
"Vika Amon" (white, table top - 17,00 Euro)
"Vika Annefors" (white - 35,00 Euro)
"Vika Alex" (white - 60,00 Euro)
"Vika Byske" (table top - 79,00 Euro)
"Ekby Alex" (white - 39,00 Euro)
2x "Signum" wireway (10 Euro - not required once another the table stands towards another table)
4x Torx-screws 6x60 (T30)
4x Torx-Schrauben 10x60 (T30)
More tools und materials:
Auro Furniture Balm No. 173 - 9,90 Euro
Cordless screwdriver with a T30-Bit
Noname polishing machine (z.B. PM120 from Bonus - 30 Euro)
Description: We at the t3n magazine looking for a IT-Workstation solution which is much more space-efficient than the old one and will cost under 250,00 Euro.
1) Make a scribble of the proposed solution and measure your space thoroughly!
2) Assemble all individual IKEA-elements
3) Put all elements as shown on the scribble and screw them
4) We've fixed the "Vika Byske" table top with the help of "TORX"-Screws from the bottom with the "Vika Amon"
5) To protect the "Vika Byske" tabletop we have used the "Auro Furniture Balm No. 173" (wax finish). For this you can simply use a hand polishing machine (see picture)
6) Now simply screw the "EKBY Alex" with the refined "Vika Byske" table top (from the bottom with "TORX"-screws)
7) Last but not least - using "TORX" screws on the rear underside of the "Vika Amon" tabletop to fix the Signum wireway.
See more of the IT workstation including a detailed manual (in german).
~ t3n Magazin, Hannover - Germany