Published on December 4th, 2011 | by Jules Yap17
Mod pink geometric painted erslev rug
Materials: IKEA Erslev rug 4’7″ x 6’7″
1. I was inspired by the nixon pattern used by Jonathan Adler and sketched it on a piece of paper
2. I taped out a border within the rug that seemed straight
3. After I taped the border I measured the inside space that i was going to work with and had my calculator handy…
4. I then taped the design out using long pieces of tape to ensure all of my rectangles and center lines would be as symmetrical as possible.
5. I then used my x-acto to lightly cut the design out of the tape without damaging the rug so that it looked like this
6. I then pressed the tape down throughout the rug in order to be sure it was sticking to it really well
7. I mixed the fabric medium into the paint really well
8. I rolled the paint onto the rug and was careful to cover every white spot that was showing.
9. After several hours of drying I peeled the tape off the rug.
10. I did my little happy dance because that scotch green tape rocked my world!
See more of the pink geometric painted Erslev rug.
~ holly – the almost 40 year old intern