Published on December 23rd, 2010 | by Jules Yap2
Wall art: My IKEA hack
- Buy a HULTET bamboo dish 45cm.
- Cover it with golden acrylic paint, front and back.
- Look for a picture or a drawing of a hibiscus flower you like put it in the size you like and print it out, then cut it out trace it on the dish.
- Look for tendrils samples you like, or draw the lines freehand on the dish.
- Fill in the black background with acrylic paint.
- For the tendrils, you need 3D glue for foils (it dries up transparently, but it remains sticky).
- Cover the tendrils completely let it dry!!
- Apply the décor foil irregular (I’ve used a little red and bronze at the edge and covered the rest with gold). Important: the metallic or coloured side has to be above! Press on well and peel it off, repeat this step as often as necessary.
- Paint out the flower with red acrylic paint, add some golden paint at the center.
- Nail a hook on the back edge and another one at the wall of your choice… and don’t forget to put a light on it!!
Example for 3D glue and foils.
~ Silvia, Germany