Got an IKEA hack? Our readers would love to see it.
After hours of hard work, this is the place to share your IKEA hack. Over 25,000 persons log in daily to see how they can make their IKEA look and fit better with their lives. Your hack could be the one to inspire them to try new things with IKEA.
First thing is, you’ll need to tell us all about it so we can upload an inspiring and informative post of your hack.
The #1 Rule
This is the most important requirement. The hack MUST have at least one IKEA item hacked.
What if you didn’t hack it?
If you come across an interesting hack, do let us know. Just email us with a link to the original post. Thank you!
Hackers Help Questions
You may send your questions to the same email address. Please submit photos of the “problem”.
Ready to share your hack?
Here’s a submission checklist:
Email us the following details:
- Your name (will be published. Omit your last name if you do not wish to have it published.)
- Your email (will not be published)
- Title of your Hack (give it a nice title)
- IKEA items used: List of IKEA items used in your hack
- Other materials and tools: List all other materials and tools required to create your hack
- Hack instructions: List out each step in the process. Be concise. Be clear. Submissions without instructions will be not be posted.
- Other useful information (optional, but it’s nice to know):
- Why did you decide to hack the item?
- How long and how much did it cost?
- What do you like most about the hack?
- What was the hardest part about this hack?
- What to pay special attention to?
- Looking back, would you have done it differently?
- And other thoughts/ comments that you have received about the hack
- Link to the project on your blog/ site (if applicable): We love to credit you and share some link love.
- Photos: Photos are essential in telling the story of your hack.
- Step-by-steps photos are amazing in showing what and how it’s done, so if you have those, please add them.
- Include photos of the finished hack.
- Include photos of details, eg. a special joining or cut
- Include a “before” photo, if applicable.
- Photos should be at least 1024 pixels wide (height does not matter).
- Photos must be in .jpg or .png format. Do not send your photos and text embedded in a PDF or Word doc.
- Photo quality is essential. Make sure photos are in focus, well-lit & show your hack in the best possible way.
What does a well-documented hack look like?
Here are a few samples to get your creative juices flowing:
And that’s it!
We look forward to receiving your hack.
By sending in your project, you agree to these terms.
By submitting a project to IKEAhackers.net, you are agreeing that the information and images collected may be used by IKEAhackers.net and may be published on our website and/or in all other mediums, including all IKEAhackers.net social media channels and press releases.
Entries submitted for posting are selected entirely at the discretion of IKEAhackers.net. You acknowledge and agree that IKEAhackers.net shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by you, and may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit or delete any photo or information that you submit to IKEAhackers.net.
By submitting any photo or information to IKEAhackers.net, you grant IKEAhackers.net an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to IKEAhackers.net includes but is not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix text to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photo.
By submitting any photo or information to IKEAhackers.net, you represent that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to IKEAhackers.net.
You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to IKEAhackers.net may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo or information you submit to IKEAhackers.net. By submitting any photo or information to IKEAhackers.net, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have.