IKEA items used: FJELLSE Twin Bed
This hack is relatively simple and can be done in less than four hours mainly due to paint drying time.
Items and tools you will need
screw driver, four 1” screws, small can of paint, 1 paint brush, measuring tape and a jig saw or hand saw to cut plywood.
1. Assemble bed.
2. Obtain a piece of plywood, 1/2” will do, and cut out rectangular piece 40.5” x 23” (Slightly smaller than bed head to hide rough edges), lay flat and paint to a color of your liking, (I have two daughters and they liked pink and purple) Choice made for me. Then allow time for paint to dry.
3. Center align plywood at back of head of bed and secure at four corners with four screws.
4. Make up bed as instructed by your child.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each bed
6. Enjoy their delighted smiles and “Thank you!”
~ by Cort, S.