Published on September 20th, 2016 | by Contributor2
How to do a crackled paint MALM dresser makeover
I used a special technique to give the plain IKEA MALM a new life. The Crackled paint technique does not use any special paint. It uses white glue layered with paint to create the amazing textured look.
1. I gave the entire dresser a light sand with the 150 grit sanding block and wiped away all the sanding dust.
2. I painted the entire dresser with a plain gray paint
3. Now the fun starts! Its time to use the white glue crackled paint technique! I poured glue onto the drawer and spread it across.
4. After impatiently waiting for 2 minutes for the skin to form, I poured the gray paint little by little and spread it out using a foam brush. It was fairly easy to spread it out with a light hand.
5. Watch it dry!
6. To add more dimension and enhance the crackled finish, I used a metallic cream to coat the drawers.
7. I added some crystal knobs because bling is not complete without diamonds. We have the crackled paint dresser ready!
The Final Dresser is a completely transformed piece!
More details, full source list and step by step pictures on my blog.
~ by Anika