IKEA items used: 2 Kura beds + 2 Nordli units
The Nordli units used as storage inside the stairs.
The upper Kura is assembled now for my elder son. The mattress base is assembled on the lowest line of the upper bed (by design it should be on the second line).
The lower Kura is used as loft meanwhile, but can be converted to be the second bed for my younger son.
- Kura bed x2
- Steel S hooks 5cm x4
- Nordli drawers unit (without top and bottom plates) x2
- Pine wood plates 2cm thickness:
- 124×40 x2
- 97×40 x1
- 70×40 x1
- 43×40 x1
- 22.5×40 x4
1. Cut Nordli side plates into half horizontally. Assemble the boxes and drawers.
2. Paint the assembled boxes and the wood plates.
3. Assemble the stairs, fix the painting, insert and adjust the drawers.
4. Paint all Kura bed parts.
5. Assemble the lower bed with ladders on both sides (mix parts from the 2 Kura beds).
6. Assemble the upper bed using the remaining Kura parts. No openings on the long sides, but one short side is open completely.
7. Fasten the beds to each other with the S hooks.
8. Put all together, fix paint, decor, add some light to the loft.
~ by Ilia Lin