IKEA items used: RIBBA frame (21×30 cm)
I wanted a modern bed for fashion dolls, but those are usually either pink or very expensive if you have them made by an artist.
The 21x30cm RIBBA frame is exactly the right size for Barbie, Monster high, small BJD’s and other fashion dolls.
As you can see in the pictures, the IKEA PS shelves can also be used as very modern dollhouses.
1. Take the sheet of glass out of the frame.
2. Glue the wooden backdrop to the frame and glue black fabric on it.
3. Glue 4 pearls or pieces of wood to the underside as feet.
4. Build a slatted frame out of wooden staffs.
5. For the headboard, you can use a piece of wood or plastic and cover it with fake leather.
6. Glue the headboard to one side of the frame.
7. Sew a mattress. I used satin and stuffed it with pieces of fleece.
8. Decorate it 😉
~ by Kathrin Schnitzler