Materials: BJÖRKUDDEN table, Fence Post toppers, high end plywood, white furniture paint and 8 “L” Bracket from Home Depot.
1. I purchased the BJÖRKUDDEN table at IKEA. Fence Post toppers, high end plywood, white furniture paint and 8 “L” Bracket from Home Depot.
2. The legs and under table top were sanded to prep for paint.
3. I drilled holes in the bottom of each leg (each fence post topper is a screw on, and yes it is sturdy).
4. Once fence posts were secured I painted the bottom of the table and fence posts.
5. I made marks and measurements where I wanted the shelves with the bottom one it rests on the top of the fence post toppers so I did not need any extra brackets.
6. Once all measurements were made I cut the plywood shelves and painted them.
7. Once dry I put the shelves on the table, it should be noted put the brackets on after shelves are inserted other wise shelves will not fit in.
8. Enjoy I loved mine its is bigger than all of the other islands IKEA offers and it cost me total no more than $150.00! It should be noted you will need two people to complete the project for the extra hands.