My wife and I really loved the look of the green Karlstad sectional. The problem we had is that our living room space was too large for the 3+2 unit. Taking inspiration from this “Baby Karlstad Corner Sofa” post I decided to buy a 3+2 Karlstad Sectional and extend one side with an additional Karlstad love seat. We couldn’t be happier with how it looks. It’s super comfortable and much cheaper than any sofa we found that was comparable in size.
Total Dimensions: 12.5 feet X 10 feet.
1) Build the 3 + 2 sectional but don’t add one of the arms. Also build the love seat, but with only one arm.
2) Drill a 1/2 inch whole into two metal brackets and secure legs into brackets with a nut.
3) Attach brackets to the love seat section of the 3+2 sectional.
4) Drill four 1/2 holes between in the same spots of the 3+2 love seat and the adjoining side of the additional love seat. Secure the two love seats together with 2 1/2 inch bolts and nuts.
5) Flip it over and enjoy a custom sectional.