IKEA LACK table assembly made easy with a DIY tool. Without it, I wouldn’t be able to assemble 20 IKEA LACK side tables (that’s 80 legs!) in no time.
Recently I had to assemble 20 IKEA LACK side tables to build a storage shelf from those. After assembling two of those tables, I realized that I am going to cry by the time I reach the fourth if I don’t use a tool of any kind. How was I going to install those 80 legs?
So, I asked for ideas from the Internet and my friend came up with this idea to use four small angle irons to create a perfectly shaped leg-driver.
- IKEA LACK side table
Materials for installer tool:
- Corner brackets x 4
I took one leg with me and went to a local hardware store where I actually found the perfect corner irons for the job. The holes in the irons were perfectly in the same position as the center hole of the leg. The tool itself was assembled with one 5/40 bolt from inside, through all four of those irons and tightened with a nut. And how does it work? Perfectly… I attach a video of the IKEA LACK table assembly of the first table.
Later, I noticed that I don’t even have to preinstall legs – I just fitted them into the tool and “screwed” them in.
Other LACK side table hacks you may be like
- Your kids will love this fun LEGO table with storage drawers: IKEA LACK side table hack
- Don’t throw that old LACK side table. Turned it into a cute dog’s house
- LACK side tables turned ottoman
- Make a LACK side table with a gorgeous planter centerpiece
- A genius LACK side table with Raspberry Pi storage. Hide it in plain sight.