We needed a new meeting table in our office…something we could stand next to and that gives us space to put some things in it. It also needed to be moveable and flexible to use. So we decided to do some kind of “Office-Island” on wheels.
2x BESTA, Shelf unit (120x40x64 cm | 47 1/4×15 3/4×25 1/4″)
2x BESTA VARA, door (60×64 cm | 23 5/8 x 25 1/4″)
2x BESTA, Rail for sliding doors
5x BESTA, Casters (Package contains 2 pieces)
6x INREDA, Drawers
4x CAPITA, Brackets (Package contains 2 pieces)
2x LINMON, Table top (120×60 cm | 47 1/4×23 5/8″)
2x “Clamp Locks” (don’t know the english word for it – you can see it on the last picture)
- Build BESTA shelf with the casters as described in the manual.
- Add the rails for the sliding doors. (don’t mount the doors or drawers yet – you later will have to drill holes into the BESTA)
- Mount the CAPITA brackets to the lower side of the LINNMON table top – 4 brackets per table top for stability reasons. Be sure to mount the square part as close as possible to the border of the LINNMON because wood is only used for the frame of LINNMON. The rest is filled with paper.
- Turn around the LINNMON around and place it on your BESTA shelf. Be sure sides and back are aligning with BESTA borders. The front side of LINNMON juts out over the BESTA shelf.
- Mark the points where CAPITAs threads point at the BESTA and drill holes (CAUTION: BESTA is filled with paper too!)
- When ready put the table top into the holes and tighten the screws of the CAPITA brackets (not too tight —> paper ;-).
- Now it’s time to add the INREDA drawers and the BESTA VARA door as described in the manual.
- Repeat 1 – 7 for the second one.
- Add the “Clamp locks” to keep them holding together.
Greets from Austria