Materials: EKBY Shelves, Metal saw, Drill, Screw Driver
Description: I had one of the cheap and low to the ground KLUBBO coffee tables, and want a very simple TV stand to match .
There was nothing in the IKEA range at the time that was short enough, shallow enough and elegant enough, but had an idea to make my own. I think the results look great, and I loved how the top of the TV matched in height as well.
1) Get two EKBY Shelves and 4 IKEA wall mounting brackets that are a full rectangle (the triangular or L-shaped won’t work).
2) Drill two holes in the long edge of the brackets that don’t have holes already (one side will already) in two of the brackets. Don’t make them line up with the existing holes, as you’re going to be mounting screws from both sides on one shelf, and you don’t want the screws to hit.
3) Cut the other two of the brackets in half length ways, leaving the long side that have screws in them.
4) Sand down the rough cut edges and add some rubber of felt pads to not scratch the floor.
5) Mount the brackets to the shelves using the drilled holes. You might need a small or right angled screwdriver when reaching in between the two shelves.
6) You’re done!
~ James Low, Hong Kong