Materials: Expedit 1×5
Description: We wanted a bed that:
* was sturdy
* had storage
* was reasonably easy to disassemble
* looked decent
* would not break the bank
1) assembled 2 1×5 Expedit bookcases
2) constructed a wood platform to top them
3) made the visible bits look nice
4) slept on our stored stuff
It turned out well enough that sharing seemed a good idea.
For more photos and detail, go here.
I could compile a bill of materials or better document the steps if it would be useful to someone.