Materials: Groland Butcher Block Island
Description: When we moved into our condo, the one not so great feature was the tiny master bathroom – 45 sq. ft. total! In order to shoehorn in a 2 sink vanity (and not break the bank in doing it), we decided to make our own.
(1) After assembly of the butcher block island, we cut two sink holes in the top. This was no small feat since the top is a real butcher block about 2 inches thick!
(2) We stained the whole piece w/clear lacquer to protect it from bathroom moisture;
(3) Spray painted side of butcher block and lattice shelf (for a li’l pop);
(4) We hand-tiled the whole butcher block top with li’l iridescent glass tiles (which match the shower accent tile);
(5) Installed two drop-in stainless steel sinks and single lever/hole faucets.
(6) Had a plumber hook up a T-line junction from the one existing water line/sink drain and voila!
We had our own custom 48″ 2 sink spa style vanity!
~ Mel Jenkins, Los Angeles