well, this isn’t a hack but i was a tad hungry. so here you go – the recipe for meatballs with cream sauce
how to make your own meatballs:
- 250gm minced beef
- 250gm minced pork
- 1 egg
- 200-300ml cream and water (or milk and water)
- 2.5 tbsp. finely-chopped onion
- 50ml unsweetened rusk flour
- 2 cold boiled potatoes
- 4-5 tbsps butter, margarine or oil
- salt and pepper
- heat the onion till golden in a couple of tablespoons of lightly browned butter.
- mash the potatoes and moisten the rusk flour in a little water.
- mix all the ingredients until there is consistency and flavour generously with salt, white pepper and (optional) a little finely crushed allspice.
- use a pair of spoons to shape the mixture into relatively large, round balls and transfer to a floured chopping board.
- fry them slowly in plenty of butter.
how to make the cream sauce:
- 100ml cream
- 200ml beef stock
- chinese soya sauce
- 1 tbsp white flour
- salt, white pepper
- swirl the boiling water or beef stock in a pan.
- add cream and thicken with white flour if preferred.
- season well with salt and pepper.
- serve the meatballs with the sauce, freshly boiled potatoes, uncooked lingonberry jam and salad.
recipe taken from ikea’s real swedish food book