Hackers Help adjustable-shelving-1

Published on March 15th, 2017 | by Contributor


Hackers Help: What’s the name of this shelving system?

adjustable shelving system

I’ve had this versatile shelving system for years. A friend is trying to find it online. Can anyone help me with the name?

The latticed metal frames can be set into the wall however one likes, the only limit being how long your simple wooden shelf tops are.

4 simple hooks are screwed into the shelf bottoms allowing them to be easily adjusted/readjusted.


IKEA PS 2014 desk: A pocket shelf to manage the wires
KURA trash truck bed

The Author

This post was contributed by a reader. Please see credits at the end of the post. To submit your own hack, please click here.

4 Responses to Hackers Help: What’s the name of this shelving system?

  1. Valle says:

    Yes, it is indeed a “string” system. Honestly not sure if it’s been sold at IKEA ever, it’s an old designer brand system that’s still sold in various designer furniture stores (in Sweden). One of those furniture pieces that’s in homes everywhere.

  2. Juan Carlos Fernández Álvarez says:

    String System

  3. Joke says:

    My sister and I used to have it… But we gave it away in the end and now I regret it! :P It was indeed from IKEA, but I have no idea about the product name…

  4. Nikki K says:

    I haven’t seen anything like that but you could replicate it using the Barso trellises and some simple shelves. It would take additional hardware but easily made.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Back to Top ↑