Published on February 20th, 2017 | by Contributor1
Nifty Rustic Denim Ottoman with Handy Storage
Ikea Products used
- IKEA KNAGGLIG box
- IKEA RILL casters
Using an old pair of jeans and an IKEA Knagglig box, I made a really handy rustic ottoman. Not only does it look awesome it is a footstool, extra seat and handy magazine store all in one. Being on casters it’s really nifty too, the kids love to whizz around the living room on it. You can personalize your ottoman by stenciling your family name on the side of the crate and by using an old pair of your favorite jeans for the upholstered seat.
I love the industrial/rustic vibe of this ottoman. I have it in my living room but it would also be great for a man cave or teen bedroom.
1. First, build the Knagglig box to the Ikea instructions and add the Rill casters to the base.
2. Using a black sharpie stencil your name to the crate.
3. Darken and seal the untreated wood with wax.
4. Make an upholstered lid. Cut plywood to size and stick down a piece of dense foam to it.
5. Cut off a leg of your jeans and cut open down the seam. Cover the foam with the jean securing with a staple gun. Glue the jeans waistband round the edge.
See more of the denim ottoman.
~ by Claire Armstrong