Published on February 16th, 2016 | by IH guest1
Slim Mid-Century Laptop Desk
- IKEA Ekby Alex Shelf – assembled
- 2 boards 48 3/8″L x 11 3/8″ W x 3/4″D
- 2 boards 4 1/2″L x 11 3/8″W x 3/4″D
- Minwax 61500 Pre Stain Wood Conditioner
- Stain – I used Minwax Mission Oak in Gloss
- sand paper
- brad nailer and 1″ nails
- 26″ hairpin legs
I had the boards cut at the Home Depot, so I was sanded and was ready to go.
Step 1: Follow the instructions to pre-stain and stain the boards.
Step 2: Use a brad nailer to attach the boards to the shelf.
Step 3: Drill hair pin legs to bottom.
See the full tutorial here.
~ Lauren Koster