Published on August 18th, 2014 | by Ian Lim0
RASTLED: RAST Bedside Table + LEDBERG Strip Lighting
Materials: LEDBERG LED lighting, RAST bedside table
1. Wanted to a cheap and easy to work with bedside table
2. Purchased RAST Bedside Table and LEDBERG LED Strip Lighting
3. Spray painted RAST Bedside Table White using 2x Spray cans
4. The LEDBERG hack involves creating wires for the 3 strip lightings
- First off at the back of each strip lighting there is a small circular tab that prevents the LED board from sliding out, melt away or drill through to remove it.
- Pull LED board out
- Desolder connector from board
- Solder wires to the connectors, placing a heat shrink on each connection part to prevent them from touching each other
- Put wires though the bottom of LED board and up through the hole to be solder onto the gold plates on the board.
- Repeat for 2 boards
- Place a wire organiser to cover wiring to look more nicely done up
5. Mount LED lighting to the underside of RAST bedside table top panel
6. Cut a piece of VARIERA Drawer mat to place on top surface