Friday, February 01, 2013
Vanity from HEMNES Dresser
Materials: HEMNES 3 Drawer Dresser
Description: My husband and I needed a vanity with storage for our master bath remodel. We couldn't find the one we liked at the local hardware stores and online, so I searched IKEA Hackers for an idea and sure enough found a vanity made out of HEMNES Dresser! Since our bathroom only had one sink, we decided to use smaller three drawer dresser.
1. Assemble the side panels.
2. Cut each leg so that the vanity will be your desired height. We used a circular saw to do this.(The height of our vanity is 36".)
3. Assemble the rest of the dresser except the drawers and the top.
4. Install the countertop and the sink. (We hired a professional since we wanted to use the same marble we used in the kitchen.)
5. Reconfigure the top two drawers as shown in the pictures. We used the leftover wood pieces found in our garage as needed. (We were too lazy to make all the pieces a same height, as you can see.)
We absolutely love how our vanity turned out! I was a little concerned about whether marble would be too heavy for this piece, but we've been using the vanity for almost four months now and so far we haven't had any problem at all. In fact, we love the HEMNES series so much that we hacked another HEMNES cabinet to add even more storage for our master bath! Happy Hacking!
See more of the Hemnes vanity.