Published on February 15th, 2013 | by Jules IKEAHacker4
IKEA Cabinet Door to Light Box
Materials: Ikea Door, Ikea Plinths, Kreg Jig
1. Cut Plinths to desired size of door.
2. Build box using Kreg jig and pocket holes.
3. Attach box to back side of Door.
4. Build frame that will attach to ceiling joists.
5. Attach light fixtures to box and connect your electric.
6. Nail your box to the frame.
7. Finish attaching lighting and enjoy.
This hack allows you to have a light box that matches your IKEA cabinets.
~ Zach Sienkiewicz, Schaumburg, IL