Published on July 31st, 2012 | by Jules Yap10
Materials: Ordning, Music PCB Echo Base, Heath Glue, Cd Cake box
Description: First of all, What the hell is the Ikea Delay?
Well it’s a guitar effect built inside a Ordning.
- Buy the Delay pcb from Music PCB
- Buy the electronic components and the knobs from Mouser electronics or Musik Ding or Banzai or your usual supplier.
- Assemble the pcb, I built a “full optional” Echo base with most of the mods suggested by music pcb (Tail, Kill wsitch, Lfo mods, ecc) plus a starve knob (is the big one)
- Put the circuit inside the Ordning, it’s very simple, it fits perfectly and you don’t even have to drill the enclosure to fit the pots and the switches in !!! You just need to enlarge a couple of holes …
- Take a Cd cake box you don’t use anymore, open it, take the bottom of the box, cut the cylinder.
- Take the Ordning (with the circuit inside), fit it into the box bottom, take the heath glue and stick them togheter.
You’ re done, the Ikea Delay is ready!
~ Enrico Mangione, Italy