Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Materials: Ordning, Music PCB Echo Base, Heath Glue, Cd Cake box
Description: First of all, What the hell is the Ikea Delay?
Well it's a guitar effect built inside a Ordning.
- Buy the Delay pcb from Music PCB
- Buy the electronic components and the knobs from Mouser electronics or Musik Ding or Banzai or your usual supplier.
- Assemble the pcb, I built a "full optional" Echo base with most of the mods suggested by music pcb (Tail, Kill wsitch, Lfo mods, ecc) plus a starve knob (is the big one)
- Put the circuit inside the Ordning, it's very simple, it fits perfectly and you don't even have to drill the enclosure to fit the pots and the switches in !!! :-) You just need to enlarge a couple of holes ...
- Take a Cd cake box you don't use anymore, open it, take the bottom of the box, cut the cylinder.
- Take the Ordning (with the circuit inside), fit it into the box bottom, take the heath glue and stick them togheter.
You' re done, the Ikea Delay is ready! ;-)
~ Enrico Mangione, Italy