Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Materials: BYGEL + NJUTA + some nuts and bolts
Description: Some day I noticed that the hook of the colorful BYGEL cups fits exactly on the guard rails in front of my window.
First I planned to fill them with real flowers but I do not particularly have green fingers. So I needed a more durable solution.
During a second visit to IKEA I got the idea to use the colorful NJUTA shower sponges as flowers.
The result is a very colorful everlasting window decoration.
How I made them:
- I used a 40cm screw thread as the stem
- next I melted a hole in the bottom BYGEL cups that fits the thread
- the screw thread is fixed with washers and nuts
- I removed the cord from the NJUTA sponges and fixed the sponges with some hot clue onto the thread
- very important: beware of not putting the flowers up in a boring pattern and keep the colors mixed! :)
~ Patrick Mast, Amsterdam