Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Dear Ingo-inspired chandelier hacked from 8 Tertial Worklamps
Description: Always loved the look of Dear Ingo chandelier but could never bear to spend that kind of money so I got creative and voila!
1) Get a piece of 20mm thick timber board cut into a disc and have it stained dark
2) Clamp on 8 numbers of Tertial Work Lamps in equal distance around the disc and have all the wires connected so that it they turn on together (I had a handy electrician friend to help with this part of the work)
3) Drill 3 holes around the centre of the disc and secure the 3 threaded rods
4) Have the whole chandelier secured to the ceiling with the 3 threaded rods
5) Connect the wires and throw the switch
6) Position all the work lamps as desired
7) Invite some friends over and enjoy the accolades!
Note: would have looked better if the Tertials were spray-painted but I couldn't find the energy to do that.
See more of the Tertial lamps.
~ Max T., Singapore