Published on October 18th, 2011 | by Jules Yap1
Ikea Hat Holder Hack With Recycled Light Globe
Materials: Ikea Ribba frame, Mod Podge, Hot Glue Gun, Ribbon or String, Recycled Light Globe
Description: There is a complete, easy to follow visual walkthrough on the website.
1) Take apart the picture frame.
2) Mod Podge the backer board and apply your favorite texture (i.e. wall paper, paper scraps, wrapping paper)
3) Mod Podge the sides of the frame and apply the same or different paper
4) Place the inner face of the outside frame, you should have about a 1/4″ of overlay. Hot glue into place.
5) After Mod Podge has dried, Hot Glu globe onto top of assembled frame.
6) Finish off with your favorite ribbon or twine around the base of the globe
7) Put your favorite cap on the globe.
** Shown is an 8″ globe, however a 6″ or 7″ may fit more types of hats.
See more of the recycled light globe hat stand.
~ Andrea Currie, Southern California