Published on August 16th, 2011 |
by Jules IKEAHacker
Expedit Breakfast bar / Desk
Materials: One 2×4 EXPEDIT, One VIKA AMON 59″ Table, 6 of 1.5″ L-brackets
The goal for this project was originally to create a new computer desk for the apartment using the “Wall of EXPEDIT
” hack. However, after putting the VIKA AMON table on top of the EXPEDIT we figured that the table was just too big for a lonely iMac. Since we have a sunken living room we figured why not just center the table on the EXPEDIT to create a breakfast bar on one side and desk on the other, essentially doubling the usable space. This new bar/desk also makes for easy entertaining when we have visitors.
1) Put the 2×4 EXPEDIT together
2) Mark the center line of the VIKA AMON table
3) Center VIKA AMON table on top of EXPEDIT
4) Place 3 L-Brackets on each side and drill pilot holes
5) Screw and secure the 6 L-Brackets
~ M and K, NY, NY
I’m with you, Jules!
Here’s a high five
No, I don’t want to miss out on any hack. Tell me when the move happens. Here are my details: