Published on July 30th, 2011 | by Jules IKEAHacker12
LACK table lamp
Materials: 2 x Ikea lack tables, drill, led tape,
I have to remove my current ceiling lamp because it block out TV projector. I need something flat. Because using sheetrock makes a lot of dust I didn’t use them.
I found Ikea lack table would be great stuff to put on the ceiling
Here are step by step instructions:
I used one 55×55 Lack table as a base, and 78×78 as the visible part.
1. Set up small table over the big one. Please make sure it is centered. Glue them together.
2. Make 4 holes for GU10 frames (or more if you want), but those 4 are needed to mount lamp to the ceiling. You need to make them in both tables
Make one hole on the center of the top table – this will be the place to connect all cables to the ceiling wires.
3. I put up led RGB tape to make some light while watching tv on the projected screen, this light is very delicate, ideal to see eg bottle of beer
4. Put some metal bindings inside the top tables (smaller one), look into the pictures.
5. Make internal connections, just drop out some paper from inside – this can be done using some long knife.
6. Screw whole table to the ceiling and connect it. I screw the 2 long screws to the first metal binding, so the lamp was curved a little bit from the ceiling allowing me make connections.
7. Because Lack furniture are not painted but there is foil on them they are not white enough. I painted it using same paint used for ceiling.
See more photos of the Lack lamp.
~ wiking, Poland