Published on November 16th, 2010 | by Jules IKEAHacker8
Lack Torrone Table
Materials: Lack coffee table, wood glue, wrapping paper, shellac
1. Lack coffee table was built as per instructions.
2. A one inch border was measured out around the table and marked with graphite pencil.
3. A corresponding rectangle was cut from a super snazzy wrapping paper.
4. We used burlesque star Angie Pontani’s tutorial for Torrone table as the inspiration for our project.
4. We glued down the wrapping paper with a very thin mixture of Gorilla Glue and waper and painted it on to the table. Then, we pressed down the wrapping paper very slowly so as to remove all of the airbubbles.
5. We then applied about 5-6 layers of shellac.
~ Jessica and KC Harvey-Taylor, Sacramento, California